Manaton House was built as his residence by Mr Pethybridge, Alderman, Mayor, banker, in 1873. It later became the residence of the Vicar of Launceston. After years of neglect the house and grounds were earmarked for development and before steps could be taken to have the house listed, the developers began to demolish the interior. With the fabric destroyed, planning was passed for the whole building to be demolished to make way for a set of apartments for the retired. This was completed in the 2000’s, making way for Manaton Court.