Anne was born in 1834 to John and Susan Huxham at Launceston. Her father was a land agent and auctioneer and the family lived in what was then known as Horse Lane, now Dockacre Road. John Huxham’s business was taken over by Mr. R. Peter, of Carboth. Anne married local draper and outfitter Thomas Henry Nicholls (below left) in 1862 at St. Mary Magdalene Church in a ceremony officiated by Rev. Gibbons. They at first set up home at No, 5, Southgate Street, but later, moved to Priory House, St. Thomas Road. They were to have no children.
Deeply religious, Anne had been a member of the Wesleyan Association from a child, attending services then held in the Old Assembly Rooms in Western Road. When the United Methodist Chapel was built in St. Thomas Road in 1840, she immediately joined and was for several years after a Sunday School teacher. She was one of the hardest working members for the cause.
As well as her Church work she was also a member of the Ladies Committee in connection with Launceston Infirmary, and was also a member of the Branch Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (forerunner of the RSPCC) , and the Ladies Missionary Auxiliary.
She suffered with her health during her later life and in 1909 after having a bad fall in which she broke her hip, she contracted pleurisy and had an eventual haemorrhage which led to her death at the age of 75. The funeral service was held at the United Methodist Church.