War Hospital Supplies Depot

War Hospital Supplies Depot c.1900.

War Hospital Supplies Depot c.1900.

The Launceston Depot was situated in the now ‘Stags Offices’, in Western Road. It began as a school, became a workshops for medical aids for wounded soldiers, then was an egg packing station. The packing station took down one wing of the building to allow vehicles to deliver goods and to take the eggs to customers. It became a Rover car showroom for J. B. Smith during the 60’s. The wing covered the area now leading to the private parking area between Stags and the Potter, Baker offices.

J. B. Smith's showroom in the early 1980's.

J. B. Smith’s showroom in the early 1980’s.