Treleaven’s

Treleavens, Southgate Street, Launceston
Treleavens, Southgate Street.

James Treleaven was in business as a feltmaker and hatter in Launceston by 1808, when his son James the younger became his apprentice. He gifted his business to James and his brother Samuel in 1832. He died in 1858. The firm moved into tailoring. It became a limited company in 1906. The firm established branches in Bude, Callington and Wadebridge. The decision was made to sell the Callington and Wadebridge branches in 1961. GL Treleaven was managing director of the firm from 1946-1961. He was succeeded by Richard B Treleaven. The business closed in the 1980s